Sunday, January 17, 2016

ES-Say #56 The Year Of The Charity Shops
An example of a recent find from a charity shop- a 1986 music score book for £1.50

That's it! I'm declaring that 2006 is the year where I try to increase my personal McCartney\Beatles collection by adding bargains found from charity shops or collecting through other means. 

Now, don't be confused because I said "other means". I'm just saying that in general, because if, let's say "Back To The Egg"(on vinyl) falls out of a bird's nest and hits me in the head, I'm keeping it. I will not be "stealing" or "cheating" anyone to receive McCartney items(besides, I did that already last year...*). This is a New Year's resolution to try and save money by being thrifty.**

Yes, I'm usually extremely thrifty, but I'm going to make a bigger effort. It is in my best interest to try and work towards an expensive, but worthy goal of going to Liverpool. If going to Liverpool happens in the near future, you might never hear the end of it. As going to Merseyside might take longer to happen then I anticipate, even with cutting down on the collecting, thankful my dear readers have probably eighteen more months of nessary content. Going on and on about Elenor Rigby's headstone will probably lead to the demise of this site. Some people might be pleased about that, but I hope to not turn people off with redundant fan girl drivel.

Usually, I plan trips to record conventions or even far away record stores through out the year. This I plan to limit this year. If it costs more money in expenses(ie. travel, entry fees) than it does to buy a 45 rpm, I want to avoid doing it. I actually enjoy making little effort for a collectable. The photo of the music score(above) for example. To buy that, I rolled out of bed and took a ten minute walk. I used all the collecting skills I normally use- gazing at stuff for long periods of time- and voila! I spent little money, it presumably went to charity, and I continue to have fit legs(from walking).
 
Oh yeah, let's not forget the book! I really like having the music scores because then I can sing out loud proudly to Beatles hits! Besides that, it makes me reflect on the wonderful Wings music score book that I found at The Strand, a famous bookstore in NYC. I paid about $18.00 for it and that includes whatever cheap price the subway was over a decade ago. Currently, I'm not sure where the book is(another redundant story) but it probably is first print and from the 1970s. 

Give me about 18 months to find it, and I can devote an entire blog to that, followed by something about a gravestone...

Not Saying Anything To Paul McCartney would like to thank the following people this month- Jorie Gracen, The Macca Report , Our Facebook Fun Group, Our Twitter Page wigetted on the right, people who like horror movies, people that waited like a month for this ES-Say, My mom, The Foot Bomber, THE Paul McCartney(even though I'm not saying anything to him), and David Bowie(RIP).

*I lied, I'm awesome
**Who knows? It's a resolution(rather than a revolution!) 

***Ed Note: ????? We think it's a Beatles pun...typical! 


No comments:

Post a Comment