Tuesday, December 29, 2015

ES-Say #55 To Stream, Or Not To Stream? A Handy Guide For Streaming The Beatles(& Paul McCartney).

This month, The Beatles albums have been made available to popular music streaming websites, such as Google Play & Spotify. Now, you and your loved ones can download or stream most of the core catalogue of Beatles tunes. Gear Fab, right?

Unfortunately, this streaming opportunity may be confusing as hell for some folks. Not to worry, here is Not Saying Anything To Paul McCartney blog's handy dandy FAQs!

NSATPM's Handy Guide For Streaming The Beatles & Sir Paulie FAQs
Q1- What is streaming?
A1- I don't know how it actually works, sorry...

Q2-But, what does it mean that I can "Stream The Beatles?"
A2-I don't understand how anyone can "Stream The Beatles", but you can now listen to their songs through popular websites.

Q3-What do popular websites have to do with any of this "Streaming" business?
A3- I'm so glad you asked that, well these websites want some more money, so they thought they should offer The Beatles as a option to their subscribers and to attract new customers.  

Q4-OK, fine, now The Beatles are "an option" to stream?
A4- I just basically mean that if you have "Spotify" you are able to listen to The Beatles.

Q5- But, I listen to The Beatles on 8-Track and Reel-to-Reel!
A5- Sorry Mate, I have no clue what Reel-To-Reel is, and I haven't played an 8-Track since 1981. I listen to The Beatles on Internet Radio and on my CDs!

Q6- That's all very well, but aren't we discussing what streaming is???
A6- Streaming is just like YouTube or Broadcasting, but you need to be connected to the internet to access this information. If you downloaded a song your computer would have the whole song available to play, but if you had streaming the internet is allowing you to listen "live" as a song plays back to you.

Q7- I guess that makes sense, but I just viewed a "Magical Mystery Tour" video on You Tube last week! Is that streaming?
A7- Yes, well done, you're getting it!

Q8. Well, then this "internet radio" must be streaming also? So, why do they do this big announcement "The Beatles Are Streaming On Hoopla???"
A8. Hoopla? You mean, Apple Music surely?

Q9- Whatever! Does this mean I have to buy something, like you mentioned earlier?

This FAQ has been interrupted for the following annoying commercial! NOT SAYING ANYTHING TO PAUL MCCARTNEY HAS A FACEBOOK GROUP! JOIN THE MADNESS TODAY! NOW BACK TO THE NSATPM's Handy Guide For Streaming The Beatles & Sir Paulie FAQs!!!!!!!!!

Q10- WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED? DO I HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING TO STREAM PAUL MCCARTNEY?
A10- calm down, you can stream a Beatle for free but every once in a while, you have to listen to a commercial, it's not that bad!

Q11- So why did my friend Samantha say it costs her like £9.99 a month on Google Play? That's like £120 a year! I have 8-tracks!
A11. Yeah, that "friend" is my little sister and she has no Beatles records so it's ideal for whippersnappers to shell out some money for unlimited downloads and commercial-free access!

Q12- Sounds like a rip-off! Right?
A12- Of Course It Is! It will only cost me £20 to buy Abbey Road and Let It Be albums and Amazon Prime wants £79 a year to have these LPs on my computer. £20 and I got exactly what I want much easier and with CD jewel cases!

Q13- So, should I just forget about this streaming thingy and look into these Compact Discs?
A13- Sounds like a plan to me!

The Beatles have been added to my Spotify-free service and I'm considering a trial order that can be cancelled if I decided not to pay monthly. However, I just got The Beatles in Mono CD Box Set (2009, Japan) for the holidays. It seems a whole bunch more interesting to complain about this CD collectible then to get stuck in with the soulless computer options that many technically advanced fans(of various ages) seem to prefer.

Apologies to any of your Apple-Windows-Android, I may have offended. It's not you, it's me....


2 comments:

  1. I checked Spotify and it's all there....remastered ! I gave away all my tapes, have everything on CD and copies of all of them. You can listen to Beatles Radio, the MaccaReport plays Beatles/Paul..... Now what do I do with all CD's/copies... ahh, transfer to computer and update Ipod..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. A14- Anonymous, that sounds like a lot of time, transferring all your CDs & CD-Rs. If I were you,I'd have a Beatles-themed party and stick these CDs with my guests as party favors. BTW- Spotify left out at least seven essential Beatles albums so hold those back from your party and put those cds on your ipod!

    ReplyDelete