Sunday, May 18, 2014

Es-Say #14 Frozen Mac

I've decided to use a little play-on one of the songs from "McCartney II" to illustrate that Paul's physicians are preventing him from performing at his National Stadium, Tokyo shows this entire weekend. He has a virus yet his recently debuted Robot "Newman" does not(That's right, I said "Robot"). Of course, myself and all his other fans wish him a speedy recovery(Paul, not "Newman," who is interesting as a video star but stranger in person). Maybe I'm not making myself clear Paul McCartney has a virus. "Newman" should not make public appearances but I fully Appreciate this video. I think it's great Microsoft and not Apple(Steve Jobb's Apple) made this video for...you guessed it-Appreciate!
 Newman the Robot, has been revealed to be developed by the same puppeteers that did the "War Horse" stage production. I didn't like that the puppeteers were visible when Paul first arrived in Japan this week. The magic of the video focuses on Paul dancing with "Newman" not "Newman and Men In Black". My point is, I don't want to see Frank Oz and Miss Piggy ever together in the same room for example.

As the Japan concerts are being rescheduled, this does shift the attention to the "Appreciate" video and the "Save Us" single. "Save Us" was added to US radio playlists, but I don't know about the worldwide distribution. Their was supposed to be a "Save Us" video but it hasn't yet materialised. To then launch "Appreciate" online, all this cross referencing of two songs off of the "New"(2013) album is very confusing. Just like my entire blog today, don't you think?

It might be argued that there can't be any focus placed to these two album songs as McCartney himself can't promote due to being under the weather. I could write a book on how his publicity is probably the best in the business yet it does take a major dip when he isn't 100% hands on. This is going to be an interesting moment in his current tour to say the least but I hope his health will improve first.

No comments:

Post a Comment