Friday, October 18, 2019

ES-Say #128

The Blog With No Point And Little Thought

                         A photo for my website back in 2014 when I started the blog.


Not Saying Anything To Paul McCartney(The Blog) has returned, yet there is little to write about since real life had taken precedent. Almost an entire year of personal heath problems that took my focus about music and Paul McCartney in general to take a back seat. I feel less motivated to promote my website so I expect low readership for this post because I'm only going to post the link on my facebook pages. 

 

To be fair, I pretty much have been following what Paul has been up to lately. "Hey Grand Dude!" seemed to have a great publicity campaign but I was unable to get the information out on time(despite earlier posting the pre-order that was announced last year, before my decline in health). I haven't felt that I've got the motivation to keep up and a bit of technology(new phone, old phone, loss of passwords...) is letting me down as well.

I do feel like packing it in, but I'm not going to do that. This blog started due to my Beatles collecting and a distraction to another private matter. I started planning and writing the blog in Florida, USA before continuing in London, UK. I feel as my health has declined but improved, maybe it will inspire myself to go back to the blog's original content.  That's right, the life and times of a Woman who collects Bootleg CDs and doesn't appreciate being "Schooled"(or nicely explained) by other people that I don't know much about The Beatles or Paul McCartney. The Beatles have been part of my life before I officially got to become a "Second Generation" fan. Had my mother not had a crate of Beatles records, a memorable poster, or the fact that I got to perform Beatle songs on stage at Carnegie Hall at age 11, I may not have become the crazy fan I am today. (BTW- Yoko Ono did not break up The Beatles, there are too many other examples to support why Apple collapsed and the band disbanded.)


 

I want to gripe about the Linda McCartney photo tours in Glasgow, Liverpool, and Osaka, Japan not coming to London. This is not my main priority at the moment. I'm still disappointed and have tried to forget that due to illness, I could not attend the Liverpool and London 2018 Paul McCartney concerts. This is all water under the bridge. I'm also in no condition to travel for the next several months, so a part of me hopes there will be no upcoming UK tour.


When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping! I will say I got a great partner(AKA THE FOOT) because he bought me the issue of Radio Times with The Beatles on the cover promoting the 50th Anniversary of The Abbey Road Album. As a magazine collector, it ticks all the boxes- great cover, great article, and announcement about a pop-up Beatles radio station that I heard a bit of. I would have listed longer had my portable DAB radio worked better(kept cutting out), but interesting and got me crying a bit. (Due to illness, crying was due part to my frustration to being unwell, Eleanor Rigby made me lose it for a short time).


When I was able to return to my own home after returning from the hospital, my collection is in a bit of a state. I tried to buy some new magazine racks online but I'll start crying again as I can't assemble the pieces("Return To Sender, Address Unknown"-thanks Elvis!). I'm basically stacking my magazines but I'll need to replace the current files which are made with cheap cardboard and can be described best as "Buckling."

I really want a copy of the Linda McCartney: Polaroid Diaries. I asked for a review copy but I've received nothing. I wished that I'd be able to comment on recent releases. So.....let's see....



1. Linda McCartney: The Polaroid Diaries- Samples of the pictures have been released. I'm still waiting for the review copy or to get it as a Christmas gift.

2. Hey Grand Dude- Not Paul's first children's book. I don't have the other one and I'm not seeing a copy of the new book a the library(probably too popular).

3. Abbey Road 50th Anniversary- On the Christmas List, listened to it on Spotify. I have a Holland version from years back which sounds better and I'm not so impressed with the remastered version. The vocals seem stretched out, I can't really explain the reason why this is.

4. New Linda McCartney Frozen Foods product "Fish Cakes." Tastes like salmon, crispy and good. I miss the "Fish Scampi" product and the "Lasagne" but you can't win them all. 

5. Beatle Calendars- I've ordered a day planner diary for £7(includes shipping). It's probably unofficial. I've seen about 5 different calendars online(2 are probably official). best to wait for 2020 when the price reduces but I'm still on the look out in the shops. The Works, a bookstore/Arts & Crafts, retail store has one on their website but I found it at HMV(see photos).


        
6. The Beatles Singles Collection- Vinyl Release. Something like 20+ new 7" 45rpm of all the Singles. I'll start a "go fund me page" because there is no way in hell I'm spending £187.99. I don't buy box sets anyway for this reason

McCartney On A Budget

The last four CD reissues from Capital from Paul's back catalogue. I wound up with two of them- "Paul is Live"(1993) and the Russian covers album ('88) . I cherry pick my purchases usually but I have standards. For example, I said I don't buy box sets. (There is no major Broad Street release since 1993 Holland reissue, I plan to throw money at that Box Set if it ever sees the light of day). Standards? I meant "bang for bucks." £187.99? (Amazon is asking £194! Not on my radar, sorry!).
             CHOPA B CCCP(1988) is missing- Noooooooooo! I'm looking everywhere

Online, I ordered a "questionable release" of McCartney studio demos. It was a CD I would buy if I had seen it at a an official Record Fair. I can't say if I have all of these tracks from Rude Studios in 1980 but the price was right- Under £20. I have no idea what the quality of the release will be. I can tell what kind of transfer copy it is when I see it. A CD-R it could very well be.

Did I mention how much I miss Jewel CD Cases as well. The modern day cardboard wrinkles up. It's pathetic; it's annoying; it's time to leave you with the question-

Where is my Paul McCartney 1988 Capitol Reissue CD? I need to complain about it's terrible cardboard packaging once I find it....


 





      

 


  

      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment