Thursday, March 13, 2014

Essay #1- Introduction
I've started this blog without any expectations. At worst, nobody reads it. I still will have an account of all the things I've added to my collection and a timeline for reference. I can be forgetful at times. This is my musical journey that started in either 1979, 1988, or 1993. It sometimes gets dormant. Other times, trigger words like "Tour" or "Limited Edition" will awaken adventures of the unexpected, laughable, and bizarre.

The one thing that doesn't change is the consistency: There's a celebrity looming over my head and I'm ok with that. Personally, The Beatles were significant as they hung in one framed poster next to a separate framed poster of Elvis in my living room when I was very young. I would view these posters from the carpet while watching my cartoons on a 70s television(cleverly designed as a piece of floor furniture). Then, Elvis left the building(aka "my parents divorced").

At least, I got to choose McCartney over Lennon myself, but I'll never forget having those five strangers to look up at during commercial breaks and the bouts of frequent arguing. I'm glad the music turned out to be good just as good as they all looked but I now love collecting Rock & Roll Vinyl and Memorabilia...I just seem to have way too many copies of Wings' "Goodnight Tonight"
I might need to speak to somebody about this! Suggestions?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment