Saturday, July 4, 2015

Es-Say #25- Jackpot!...Or Not?

Greetings sports fans! This is either the best post this blog will ever feature (unless we meet you-know-who), or a complete disaster. Let's get to the story...

The photo above is my new LP of Mary Hopkins debut Apple album (UK version) from 1969. I paid roughly 15x what this fair condition disc is worth on it own(about $75). Yet if you look above it seems to be signed in pen by some guy named "Raul McCartney". And then there's this...

" Love and best wishes from Mary", it says. Hmmm.

I pause for a moment to scream the following "what the f@##£k do I now own?" Is this a fake or real?

The reason I ask is the circumstances that convinced me I might actually have something that I got dirt cheap. If you ever browse autographs online supposedly signed by "a Beatle" you know many of them are fake and the legitimate ones cost ridiculous amounts of money. Now, that I decided to buy this record from an owner of an auction house thrift store, I'm either one of the luckiest biotches around or as The Beatles song fittingly goes *ahem* "IMA Loooooooosah!"

OK, so looking at the cover(and the back), and after looking at some period autographs, I conclude it's one of three options-
A) Paul McCartney signed the front and Mary Hopkins signed the back (The Jackpot scenario)
B) Paul McCartney signed the front and "Some other guy" signed the back(honestly, not necessarily Paul).
C) The whole thing is as legitimate as myself tracing 
an autograph (actually, I'm not that bad).

At the very least I can learn about Mary Hopkins and listen to her interpretation of my "close personal friend," Donovan's song(I'm obviously kidding but I did meet him twice).

So you be the judge. Is it possible that a deciest man who was related to a television personality had this in his record collection? Or did I leave this shop deceived yet they promised to return my money if I can prove otherwise. All's I know is I dragged a bin bag home and had a shmata on my head for 45 mins while walking around in the blazing sun and passing a "McCarthy Driving School" sign (not McCartney), thinking I might be that "Lucky Biotch" I mentioned earlier? Do you think I'm lying? Obviously, you haven't read this blog...


No comments:

Post a Comment